The quality of healthcare service delivery is highly dependent on capacity and infrastructure. In Nigeria, Maternal, Neonatal, Child Morbidity and Mortality indices are not encouraging even though a lot is being done. CHEDI in her effort to contribute to the Federal Government MDGs has implemented the following activities in her project communities:
- Provided sixty (60) birth kits to the Primary Healthcare Centre in Masaka community and to the Traditional Birth Attendants (TBAs) in collaboration with Society for Family Health (SFH).
- 30 health workers from 6 health centers in the target LGA’s(Garaku, Akwanga&Karu) were sensitized on the delivery of quality service to clients especially women for ANC.
- Reached out to over 1,000 women, young girls and men on safe motherhood and malaria prevention education in Bwari Area Council of the FCT.
- 22 Clients in health centers were sensitized on their right to access quality healthcare services at Government health facilities in Nasarawa State.
- Trained 50 rural women, adolescents and men in Byahzin community of Bwari Area Council on Reproductive Health.
- Conducted one week sensitization workshop for 250 secondary school students in FCT on Sexual violence and Teenage pregnancy.
- 250 students, 50 Teachers, 70 Parents and 15 media people were sensitized on the prevention of (Gender Base Violence) GBV and teenage pregnancy in AMACAbuja, FCT.
- Distributed worm expeller to 346 (Vulnerable Children) VC in Wassa community of the FCT.
- Trained Traditional Birth Attendants and Primary Health Care workers on Safe Motherhood in three communities (Masaka, New Karu and Garaku) in Nasarawa State and Byazhin community in Bwari Area Council of FCT.